In sickness and in health, a thank you note to my husband

Dear Anders,

Thank you.  Thank you for being so amazing and:
  • Coming to all of my doctor's appointments with me
  • Distracting me with photos of our goddaughter when needles are involved
  • Helping me find the words when chemo brain or pregnancy brain or straight up fatigue kicks in
  • Magically finding the right words when there are still clumps of hair falling out in the shower after ten minutes (who knew a buzzcut could block a drain?)
  • Using the lint roller on my pillow in the morning so I don't have to look at the new hair that has fallen out
  • Coming home early from work to be with me even if I'm not awake
  • Going out with your friends and then veraciously expressing how much you missed me 
  • Reminding me to put sunblock on my head and moisturizer on my tummy
  • Stocking up on popsicles and frozen fruit for my post-chemo cravings
  • Planning such lovely birthday surprises around my energy levels
  • Making the kitchen spotless each morning before work
But it's bigger than that.  Thank you for all the noteworthy values and attributes you've shown me in the almost four years since we met.  Like the importance of:
  • Having love and priority of family above all else.  I could stop there but I'll go on...
  • Not sweating things before they happen (After all, some of my hair is hanging in there much longer than expected when we thought it'd be completely gone weeks ago)
  • Not being needlessly suspicious about one's future fate.  Taking it one day at a time.  Maybe I'll need radiation maybe I won't.
  • Combining intensity and relaxation (Case in point: watching movies with me and getting a midnight run in or waking up early to prep for a meeting)
  • Trusting it will all get done.  There's no need to be hurried or hesitant; everything that needs to be done will be done in good time.
  • Having good cheer in all circumstances
  • Not being downcast or glum, there is plenty of rain in Copenhagen already
  • Having an uncomplaining energy for what needs to be done makes all tasks easier
  • Inspiring a trust in everyone that you mean what you say and are well-intentioned in all that you do
  • Knowing that self-mastery is required to improve and try to optimize the way you do things. Principally, your allegiance to your running app.
  • Playing the cards you are dealt the best you can.  Why think 'It is my bad luck that this has happened to me.' when you can think 'It is my good luck that, although this has happened to me, I am capable of handling it'.
  • Not letting your imagination run away with itself; discomfort is manageable and temporary
Of course, you're not immune to all passing whims or in good cheer in every single circumstance but that’s besides the point. What I love is how clear you hold the vision of the man you'd like to be so that you are constantly striving toward it and showing others the way.  

I think cancer has made me love you more.

Love always,
Nora

The birthday girl and her birthday flowers
June 17, 2017

And including a wedding photo of me and Anders seems only appropriate
November 5, 2016








Comments

  1. So glad you've got your dream man by your side as you deal with this craziness! Love to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautifully written! He is pretty incredible. You two are so so blessed to have found one another❤. And I am so thankful that I know you are always take care of even when I cannot be there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a list! What a man! What a fantastic couple you two are!
    many hugs and much love to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this!!!! You both make me tear up you are so frickin in love it's beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read this blog post several weeks ago and it is truly written from the heart. Libs said it best- so blessed to have found one another. Thinking of you and know your family is always here for you. Looking forward to spending time with you soon! Love, Camille

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing partner you have!!! I love him so much and I haven't even met him yet :) among all the amazing qualities he has, which match your amazing traits too (emphasis on family, inspiring positivity no matter what, etc.) the reminders to put sunblock on your head and moisturizer on your tummy..... if that isn't love, I don't know what is! you two are lucky ducks :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ALL THANKS TO DR WILLIAMS WITH HIS HERBAL PORTION I WAS COMPLETELY CURED FROM BREAST CANCER.
    I'm here again to appreciate. DR WILLIAMS God will always continue to bless you more abundantly, for the good works you done in my life, I will always keep on writing good and posting my testimonies about you on the Internet, I’m Jessica from Orlando, Florida. I was tested breast cancer positive, I saw a blog on how DR WILLIAMS cured people with his herbal portion, i did not believe in natural medicine but i just decided to give him a try, I contacted him,and explain my situation to him,few day later he sent me the herb, after taking doc Williams herbal medicine for few week i also got my healing with his herbal portion, i am so happy. If you have any type of cancer problem ,you can contact him on Drwilliams098675@gmail.com for advice and for his product,i hope this testimony also help some one out there .

    ReplyDelete
  8. As a sign of gratitude for how my wife was saved from CANCER, i decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
    My wife suffered cancer in the year 2013 and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because she was my all and the symptoms were terrible, she always complain of abnormal vaginal bleeding, and she always have pain during sexual intercourse. . we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure her. I searched for a cure and i saw a testimony by someone who was cured and so many other with similar body problem, and he left the contact of the doctor who had the cure to cancer . I never imagined cancer. has a natural cure not until i contacted him and he assured me my wife will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my wife used it and in one months time she was fully okay even up till this moment she is so full of life. cancer. has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on drwilliams098675@gmail.com on how to get the medication. Thanks for reading my testimony.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks to Dr Williams I am so happy today, my wife have been suffering from breast cancer for the past 8 years now, and i have spent a lot on western drugs which has all proved abortive, i have tried all means in life to get my wife out of this , but there was no answer until i decided to try herbal solution and i found Dr Williams online and i contacted him and after she took his medication as instructed, my wife is now completely cure from breast cancer within those week of usage, i am so much happy, thanks to Dr Williams for helping me get my wife life back again without any form of crisis, i promise to tell your name and good deeds to the whole world,if you have someone with cancer you can email him on drwilliams098675@gmail.com for more information .

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am Sophie from Canada, I once suffered from a terrible and Chronic breast cancer ,since 30years now , the doctor told me there was no permanent cure i was given medications to slow down its progress, i constantly felt my health was deteriorating as i constantly go out of breath,and this illness was really terrible especially when am going out with my friends, i have this constant disorder for about 30 years, this was really a terrible illness ,on thin one day that i was going through the internet,and i came across a post of Mrs shelley on how his husband was been cured from colon cancer through the help of Dr Williams herbal product, I contacted this herbal doctor via his email and explain everything to him and make purchase of his product,few days later he sent me the herbal medicine through courier service, when i received the herbal medicine, i used it for 1 months as prescribed by Dr Williams and i was totally cured within those week of usage,on thin now i have not experience any sign or characteristics again . for more information you can email him on drwilliams098675@gmail.com for help

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts